Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Muslim MEHBOOB KHAN encounters Jesus to become Catholic

A personal testimony of Mehboob G Khan, Goa, India

"And you shall know the TRUTH and the TRUTH shall set you free"
Gospel of St John 8:32


Background
I am from a Muslim family and work on the construction site. I have studied only up to 4th Standard in a Kannada medium school. I ran away from my house when I was ten years old because of a quarrel between my father and me. I wandered all over India in search of work, peace of mind and aim of my life. 


Encounter with Jesus Christ
Finally I reached Goa where I met a Catholic Lady and she introduced Jesus to me. She suggested that I make a retreat at Divine. Before meeting Jesus, I felt my life was worthless and lonely without friends. I felt very insecure and anxious and was always tensed about my future.

"I will never fail you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)
It was at this moment of distress and discomfort that Lord Jesus entered my life and gave me assurance of His Fatherhood. He told me that He loves me, He cares for me, He has a plan for my life - that I am His Child and precious for Him. It was for me that He died on the Cross and He is my Saviour and Lord. I used to long for my father’s love and Jesus filled my emptiness with His love and concern. 

  
John 15:18, "I will never leave you alone"
He is transforming my life everyday and I experience more and more of His love by listening to the Word of God. I thank the Lord for taking away all my worries, sadness, loneliness and feelings of insecurity. 

Alleluia!


No comments:

Most Popular Spiritual Articles

Life after Death Experience - Fr Jose

Miracle of the Eucharist at Catholic Retreat - Real Presence of Jesus - Jesus is ALIVE

Our (Christ and i) Catholic Sites

Fr Augustine - Divine Retreat Centre - www.drcm.org

7 Indescribable Tortures in Hell - St Faustina